Brony Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So can this make activity?

4 posters

Go down

Whose action would you take?

So can this make activity? Vote_lcap67%So can this make activity? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
So can this make activity? Vote_lcap0%So can this make activity? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
So can this make activity? Vote_lcap33%So can this make activity? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

So can this make activity? Empty So can this make activity?

Post  Uxnorb Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:50 pm

So apparently activity is nice, yes?

I thought, hey, if there's some way to keep talk going on is with a question right? So I'm stealing burrowing an interesting somewhat talk about forums like these. It's mostly an online interpretation of an already known dilemma. (But if you aren't familiar with it, yay, better)
Anyway, on to it...

______

You're a new moderator of an online community, great right? Because you're awesome, and nice and so much else, and I'm probably doing this to make myself feel better.
Well, unlike here, where it's so peaceful, you have to do certain things every once in a while. While it's mostly a simple task, sometimes it's harder than you think, wtih different views on it. You happen to end up on one of these.
Details aside, here are the facts: 
You, as a moderator, have investigated the case. You've talked with people linked to it, and discussed the situation with other mods(Who aren't as involved as you), who generally agree with you. You feel you should go for option A. The admin knows what has happened and has glanced through the discussion, he feels that option B should be the way to go instead. However, you also know the general opinion of the community. The majority of the community feels like option C is the right choice. You also know that,for who knows why,(Hint: it's better to try to get rid of cheap ways out of it) the time for discussion is over. You have to choose what to do now, with no more delays.

Facts you know:
-None of the options are unreasonable, everyone has their reasons, which have a logical argument behind it.
-A consensus won't really be reached by the parties, so while all options will be accepted, you can't get more than a side pleased with it.

So, the question would be, you'll be the one doing the action. What would you choose, A, B or C? Or rather, which  party would you be loyal to?

(It's nice if you explain your reasons and such, so it's more fun?)

Last edited by Uxnorb on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Uxnorb
Uxnorb
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Location : Somewhere...it...shouldn't really matter now, should it? Doesn't change much...

Back to top Go down

So can this make activity? Empty Re: So can this make activity?

Post  Lunarzius Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 pm

I've actually been in a situation similar to this, so I spoke to witnesses of the "crime" and we agreed, leading me to choose the equivilant of your...B I think? I have a feeling this option might only have worked for that situation though, so was probably a one time mindset.
Lunarzius
Lunarzius
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post  Uxnorb Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Yes, I guess that's a way to think about it.
The situation proposed was one where you'd not take the merits of the reasons behind, but rather on the groups or individuals themselves, as in who'd end up having priority.

Also, I screwed the votes up Hammy, so you might want to cast your vote again, stuff was out of order :/
Uxnorb
Uxnorb
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Location : Somewhere...it...shouldn't really matter now, should it? Doesn't change much...

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunarzius Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:09 pm

I revotedmajigged ^-^
Lunarzius
Lunarzius
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post  Lordleelee2/ZardBrood Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:01 pm

I'd go with option A. the mods. They are trustworthy and well they are more to the group then the admins and may know more. Admins would be second if it came down to them beeing needed, but why have mods if you can't trust them?
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Octavia
Octavia

Back to top Go down

Post  Esquire Gears Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:52 pm

C, the community might revolt, greatly damaging activity.
Esquire Gears
Esquire Gears
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

http://penisland.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down