Brony Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So how did you all become bronies

+7
AirmanAlex
Wolf Trainer
VanHalen1
Aeon_the_Hermit
Esquire Gears
sakeshi
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
11 posters

Go down

So how did you all become bronies Empty So how did you all become bronies

Post  Lordleelee2/ZardBrood Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Title explains it...
Mine was this. (most if not all of you saw this tons of times on Kong)
In web design, making a web page for a fake store, the teacher was talking about how he likes to watch shows that are for kids then he randomly put on the first two episodes of MLP:FiM. I stopped working and watched, smiled, and laughed a little during it. At this time I had no clue of the fandom, or anything about the show. I ended up reading a short comic with Spike, and found all of you on Kong... So basically it was you guys that told me about bronydom... I feel so special for having a weird way of joining.
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Octavia
Octavia

Back to top Go down

So how did you all become bronies Empty Re: So how did you all become bronies

Post  sakeshi Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Originally, I knew of the show and the fandom, and honestly hated it, mainly because it wouldnt stop appearing and flooding my internet. But I came across a dub of a molestia comic on youtube, dont remember how, and I had some good laughs. I was bored one day and I thought to myself "Why the hell do people like this show so much?" and decided to watch an episode. At first, I found myself conflicted. "This a show for girls...why am I interested?"

Then I went all TS trying to figure out why with another episode...and then another...and so on. And here I am now. XD

Funny thing is, this is the same way many of haters I knew became bronies.
sakeshi
sakeshi
Spike
Spike

Back to top Go down

Post  Esquire Gears Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 pm

I was bored on the BYM forums (Back when I was nooby and such) and found TFO made a new alliance, called "The Brony Alliance" me being a noob, and thought it was a real alliance joined it, and after a few minutes (Like 3) I decided to try out the show, just to see what it was all about... In then next three days, I watched every single episode that was aired (By that time). I also remember it was the day before Luna Eclipsed aired...
Esquire Gears
Esquire Gears
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

http://penisland.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeon_the_Hermit Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Started coming across pony images on all my art sites ((And I do mean ALL)), thought it was a joke at first, but when more and more images started popping up all over the place, I decided to take a look, caught "Sonic Rainboom" and "Feeling Pinkie Keen", and the rest is history.
Aeon_the_Hermit
Aeon_the_Hermit
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  VanHalen1 Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 pm

I saw bronies and MLP threads starting to pop up on Kongregate's Off Topic forum about a year and a half ago. I was annoyed by it and didn't understand, but I finally decided to watch a few episodes to see why everyone liked it so much. At first I didn't like it much and kept thinking that it was just a little girls show but then I started to accept it and later I became obsessed with it.
VanHalen1
VanHalen1
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf Trainer Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm

(Nice to see you again VanHalen)

Lets see. My cousin, who is a little feminine, showed me the part where Pinkie goes crazy (completely out of context too). So, I was bot creeped out and slightly alarmed that he may have gone "over the edge" so to say. I told him I didn't like it, and put it out of my mind for the next month or so. And around the 3rd week of me putting it out of my mind (about half way through the S1-S2 hiatus) I started seeing pony pictures and memes popping up all over Google Images. At the end of the week, I finally decided to give the show a 2 episode trial, to see what it was all about.
Half way through the 1st ep, I was thinking "it's okay." End of first ep "not... bad.." Pinkie Pies song on the second episode "... *looks around room* ... I... This... Where has this been all my life!?"
And that is how the moon was made.
Oh, I mean. And that is how I became a Brony!
PP Grin
Wolf Trainer
Wolf Trainer
Luna
Luna

http://wolftrainer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AirmanAlex Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:29 pm

I had a subscription to "Game Informer Magazine" (that magazine by Game Stop) and in one issue they made a comparison between Rainbow Dash and the jet controls for Battlefield 3, next issue they had a small section on MLP with a picture of the Mane 6. I liked the art style but still wasn't willing to watch a show :D

Then I was flipping through chanels when I was home alone, and one of the show descriptions for MP said something like "The Cutie Mark Crusaders search for their true meanings in life." To me that sounds like a bunch of ponies in dark robes, around a round table, searching for the meaning of life... I only saw the end of the episode (where Scootaloo is dressed like a heavy metal band member) and that seemed to support that theory a bit...

saw a full episode, laughed at how dead wrong I was but stayed anyways! Joined OT brony forum, started playing BYM, then moved to BYM brony forum!
AirmanAlex
AirmanAlex
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHOP

Back to top Go down

Post  the1templar Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:38 pm

wellllllllll, after troll the forums and being a pain. I said screw these links, lets see what you guys are watching. Well i looked at this great song of ponies singing i was like "huh?" then "da hell?" after that i watched ep 1-5 then i was like "huh what is going on." I then ignored your forum for like 2 weeks i think. and thats how i became brony. Sirkickme converted me and i haven't spoken to him sense. can't say i will talk to him ever. but who knows.
the1templar
the1templar

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/the1templar

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf Trainer Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 pm

the1templar wrote:wellllllllll, after troll the forums and being a pain. I said screw these links, lets see what you guys are watching. Well i looked at this great song of ponies singing i was like "huh?" then "da hell?" after that i watched ep 1-5 then i was like "huh what is going on." I then ignored your forum for like 2 weeks i think. and thats how i became brony. Sirkickme converted me and i haven't spoken to him sense. can't say i will talk to him ever. but who knows.

I may know how to contact him if ya ever want to talk to him again. Twi Derp
Wolf Trainer
Wolf Trainer
Luna
Luna

http://wolftrainer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunarzius Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:37 am

Cheese converted me, and then I invited her here as a way of paying her back I guess.
It all started on a Minecraft server we both played on and we decided to make a little Skype Group chat to natter on in with some other friends we made there, eventually we even got the creator of the server in there (totally got VIP treatment from then on) and Cheese told me about this show she watched called MLP: FiM and I thought 'I might give this a try at some point' and accidentally completely forgot. She brought it up again a few weeks later and I decided to give it a go, typing 'My Little Pony' in on YouTube and finding some Gen 1 crap, which I told her about. She said to me 'Make sure you type the FiM bit in, that's important' and so I came across this brilliant show, and shortly afterwards I joined the MLBA after seeing it at the bottom of BYM (something the MC Server Admin told us about) and I decided to join there.

So yeah, thank Cheese for me being here.
Lunarzius
Lunarzius
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheese-O-Saurus Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:53 am

>.>
<.<
No problem..

Fun fact: I forgot how i became a brony.
THE END.
:D
Cheese-O-Saurus
Cheese-O-Saurus
Lyra
Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartless_Soul Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

I cant really clearly recall on how i did become a brony, but i think it went like this..

So before i found forums, i was a chat regular, and well, met this one guy who ended up later being a back-stabbing asshole but nevertheless he led me to discover forums.
During that time, i found OT on Kongregate.. Thus began my forum life.
Being a furry before, i used to watch some videos on youtube.. And either the guy who showed me forums either showed me the MLP thread (I dont think i joined and posted in it before i watched the show) and got me in that way, OR the way that i can clearly recall that got me into was somehow finding Ponies: The Anthology when it first came out. I got alot of the references and good laughs out of it, so i wondered to myself, try it out.
Well, even though i was a girl, i still had some of that "Oh god, why am i watching this show" when the intro theme song came on (You guys should remember and know what i mean ;3).. I skipped it for the first 3 episodes, then listened to it for the rest, and stopped cringing on my 6th episode.
I fully got into the community on my 10th Ep of S1. And began posting in OT's MLP Thread around S1EP6/7 (When it was soo nice and good compared to shit)
But yea, i also got my closest friend to become a brony, and he was the carcinogen to alot of other people which made them bronies, so therefor i was the catalyst of the brony uprising in my local community lol.
Heartless_Soul
Heartless_Soul
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

http://www.spreaker.com/show/the_dj_enix_show

Back to top Go down

Post  the1templar Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Ha I skipped the intro until like mid s2. 4 things.
1. Wolf if I wanted to talk to him I had like 5 months to do so on kong. I am sure I am fine.
2. I think my bronyness has joined with my depressing and cheerful radiance (wanna know how that works, ask pinkie pie PP Grin) so far I have made one person tolerate instead of hate, another guy saw the mov's, and not sure about a third person.
3. I have been officially labeled hipster.
4. In Kentucky I got free beer PP Grin
the1templar
the1templar

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/the1templar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down