Brony Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is immortality a blessing or a curse?

+2
Wolf Trainer
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
6 posters

Go down

Is immortality a blessing or a curse

Is immortality a blessing or a curse? Vote_lcap33%Is immortality a blessing or a curse? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
Is immortality a blessing or a curse? Vote_lcap67%Is immortality a blessing or a curse? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 12

Is immortality a blessing or a curse? Empty Is immortality a blessing or a curse?

Post  Lordleelee2/ZardBrood Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:29 pm

I was thinking after seeing a picture of Twilight as an alicorn next to the graves of her friends. I wish to know what you guys think of immortality, is it a blessing or a curse. Would you take it, or leave it and live out your natural life?
I will have a poll for what you think, but I would like your detailed thoughts here.
Spoiler:
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Octavia
Octavia

Back to top Go down

Is immortality a blessing or a curse? Empty Re: Is immortality a blessing or a curse?

Post  Wolf Trainer Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:42 pm

I say curse. Why? As humans we are capable of so much good, but equally as much bad. However, it is in our nature and current society to amplify the wickedness in the world either physically or visually (aka. media).
You could live forever, maybe work on some MASSIVE good global project to benefit mankind. But you'll be alone. No love, as your loves die ages before you even age a day's worth. No friends, as your heart would become cold to the icy touch of the knowledge of ultimate solitude. But plenty of enemies. Sure they die, naturally, ages before you as do the others. But their messages will linger on, echos of the past, family members of those that haunted you before, would surly come again and again, seeking your "blessing" of eternal physical life.

But there is something more to this, more than just solitude and isolation of the body and mind from those around you. Corruption. With endless days ahead of you, witnessing anything you do for the good of all, be turned into bad time after time again. You'd loose yourself. Look at us all as a species now. Within 15 or so short years, we can desensitize our entire generation. Just think for a moment, how emotionless, cold, or even brutal 500 years would do to a timeless physical body and mind. You'd become self centered, as you would justify that all things you make are not for the corrupt hands of man (which you would no longer see yourself as one, but higher than one). You would have no 'stationary' love or family to keep you in a purer form (Ex. No wife to be disappointed in your actions when wrong, or to celebrate with you when you do good). You'd do nothing but expand your own interest, seeking something lost long ago. You'd loose your conscious, as it would fade away in the night. You would change; over a long period, or quickly. But you will change none the less, and chances are, for the worse of all including yourself.

And worst case scenario. You would start to think yourself a god. Unable to age, sage old wisdom. Knowledge from the four corners of the world, and maybe farther. You would welcome those who worship you, and possibly commit genocide on all those that do not, without hesitation.

I'm sure I can go further into this, but this is just my basic thoughts on the topic.
Twi Smug
Wolf Trainer
Wolf Trainer
Luna
Luna

http://wolftrainer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Is immortality a blessing or a curse? Empty Re: Is immortality a blessing or a curse?

Post  Esquire Gears Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Blessing, for one reason... Many sexytimes.

EDIT: And I already am a god. RD AW Yeah
Esquire Gears
Esquire Gears
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

http://penisland.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AirmanAlex Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:01 pm

I would love the chance to live forever, visit every single place on Earth, learn every language, read every book, know all there is to know, watch nations rise and fall. You could become the wisest, smartest, person who has ever walked the Earth.
AirmanAlex
AirmanAlex
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHOP

Back to top Go down

Post  the1templar Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:06 pm

I see your point wolf. It would be a curse to me. Mental and emotional state would find down to 0 OR being unable to die I would probably find a way to destroy myself and/or the rest of y'all with me. But who knows I ain't dead and I don't have any immortal plans atm. Crazy Twi s*** would go crazy if I did.
the1templar
the1templar

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/the1templar

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartless_Soul Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Even though i know the bad sides of immortality, i still think it would be a blessing..

I understand that you would outlive your friends.. and other special someponies, which would hurt even more, but the fact that you could live to see and make more friends and make them happy gives you purpose to continue to be there. In my mind, if i was eternally good, i would see it as that i am there to help spread happiness to other ponies and to give them a reason to smile and live day by day, and this would just keep going, generation after generation.
Sure the amount of loss would get to you, but i suppose you have to be strong, and push the bad memories out of the way, and just remember all the good ones and the ones that you currently have so you don't get stuck in the past.

So, in a supportive, and strong mental stance, i say its a blessing.
Heartless_Soul
Heartless_Soul
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

http://www.spreaker.com/show/the_dj_enix_show

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum