Brony Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is nationalistic traits good or bad?

5 posters

Go down

Is nationalistic traits good or bad?

Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Vote_lcap20%Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Vote_lcap0%Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Vote_lcap60%Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Vote_lcap20%Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Vote_lcap0%Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Empty Is nationalistic traits good or bad?

Post  Lordleelee2/ZardBrood Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Since in my history class we are covering WWI, and I was needing another poll idea, this popped up. If some of you don't know, Nationalism is an overwhelm pride for your country, but is not limited to a nation, it can also be for language, race, but it usually leads to wanting to be a nation of what I said above. For example people that speak Italian want to rule themselves, be one true Italy. (Poor example I think, best I got atm)
my thoughts in spoilers, I suggest posting your thoughts before reading mine, I don't want to influence anything here, or start a flame war.
Spoiler:
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Octavia
Octavia

Back to top Go down

Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Empty Re: Is nationalistic traits good or bad?

Post  Lunarzius Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:24 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler used: + 10 Points!
Lunarzius
Lunarzius
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Is nationalistic traits good or bad? Empty Re: Is nationalistic traits good or bad?

Post  Aeon_the_Hermit Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Some Definitions:

Patriotism - love for or devotion to one's country

Nationalism - loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups

Jingoism - extreme chauvinism or nationalism marked especially by a belligerent foreign policy

Hope that clears things up. Twi Clap
Aeon_the_Hermit
Aeon_the_Hermit
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  AirmanAlex Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:46 am

Nationalism is a great thing in smaller amounts, I mean I don't want to live in America if every single person goes about saying how much greater France is, and the glory of Europe! I want to hear about the grand awesomeness of American companies, Apple Pie, and Ford Mustangs!

Though it gets bad when you want to go out, and destroy every single Toyota, and Mitsubishi, and force Ford mustangs on everyone, because your American cars are far superior to anything else made by anyone, and then you have a Mussolini Style dictatorship!
AirmanAlex
AirmanAlex
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHOP

Back to top Go down

Post  the1templar Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:54 pm

The I don't care much. You think your country is great? Good for you. I believe this whole world is one big pool of crap. Sooner This world fixes itself better everyone is.
Guard
the1templar
the1templar

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/the1templar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum