Brony Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven

+6
Lunarzius
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Wolf Trainer
Lightningcould
Esquire Gears
Heartless_Soul
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What should be our conveyed approach to the promtion of BH?

Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 8 ]
Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 10 ]
Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 22

Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Empty Re: Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven

Post  Heartless_Soul Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 pm

Also, i dont know how PonySquare works, but i think someone could give a try there, i forget all my accounts passwords lol.. Twi Awkward
Heartless_Soul
Heartless_Soul
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

http://www.spreaker.com/show/the_dj_enix_show

Back to top Go down

Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven - Page 2 Empty Re: Promotion and Advertisement of Brony Haven

Post  Esquire Gears Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 pm

Lightningcould wrote:We could advertise in Ponychan?

How big is PonyChan?
Esquire Gears
Esquire Gears
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

http://penisland.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf Trainer Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 pm

PS changed a lot lately from what I've heard. But I should be able to find my way around that... However... It would be sorta strange soliciting a "Brony socialize site" within a purely dedicated Brony Socialize site. XD

GearsChicken wrote:

How big is PonyChan?

NO! I hear it is literally as bad as 4 chan, just with bronies! We are not looking for people like that.
Wolf Trainer
Wolf Trainer
Luna
Luna

http://wolftrainer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lightningcould Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 am

GearsChicken wrote:

How big is PonyChan?

I don't know. Alll I know is that it's quite big.
Lightningcould
Lightningcould
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartless_Soul Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 am

PonySquare was just a thought, and I'd rather we stay away from the 'Chans.
Heartless_Soul
Heartless_Soul
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Lightningcould Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:01 am

Yeah, I agree with Heart. Anything Chan-related can't be good to this site.
Lightningcould
Lightningcould
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf Trainer Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 am

I'll re-quote myself.

"NO! I hear it is literally as bad as 4 chan, just with bronies! We are not looking for people like that."
So, I support Heartless on that one.

And right. PS is still an option, I just was stating that it'd be strange to advertize in a place that specializes what we are offering, just on a grander scale.
Wolf Trainer
Wolf Trainer
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post  Lightningcould Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:04 am

Hmm, is the RainbowDash network still active or did it shut down?
Lightningcould
Lightningcould
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post  Esquire Gears Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:04 am

Well PonySquare is a social networking site, this is a forum. There's a large difference and we could probably get a few people.
Esquire Gears
Esquire Gears
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

http://penisland.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lordleelee2/ZardBrood Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:08 am

Well i'm more for the IRL invite of bronies, as we then can at least know exactly who we are getting, and I have found out Bing has us really close to number one search result for brony Haven.
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Octavia
Octavia

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartless_Soul Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:10 am

Lordleelee2/ZardBrood wrote:Well i'm more for the IRL invite of bronies, as we then can at least know exactly who we are getting, and I have found out Bing has us really close to number one search result for brony Haven.

I was wondering about Bing. For google you have to be specific. If not, good luck sifting through all the other Bronyhaven chats and stuff.
Heartless_Soul
Heartless_Soul
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Lordleelee2/ZardBrood Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 am

Everytime I've looked it up, through my 360 (aka like a few hours ago...) and at school, I find the portal page for here. So if somepony happens to look us up, we go that.
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Lordleelee2/ZardBrood
Octavia
Octavia

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartless_Soul Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 am

Also, i just added two new Search Engine tags, so that should help-ish with google and bing searches.
Heartless_Soul
Heartless_Soul
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolf Trainer Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:28 am

That should help get at least a few random people to see us. XD
Wolf Trainer
Wolf Trainer
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunarzius Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:58 am

I would just like to make a point regarding Google.
We have actually been found several times through Google by typing in the phrase 'Brony Forums'
I know this because it was some people I know who did it, and apparently they have nothing else to do with their sad lives except stalk my online accounts.
Lunarzius
Lunarzius
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post  Wreck Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:19 am

Although Pony Square is a social networking site, I think it would end much better than if we advertised in OT or on Ponychan. God knows what would happen if we went there. I learned that they advertise some groups on the RDN under the "groups" section and we may get a few hits here and there out of both sites. However, my personal vote is on PS. Adding a few other sites like Bing will probably bring more members in the future, so nice thinking Heartless!
Wreck
Wreck
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartless_Soul Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 am

Lunarzius wrote:I would just like to make a point regarding Google.
We have actually been found several times through Google by typing in the phrase 'Brony Forums'
I know this because it was some people I know who did it, and apparently they have nothing else to do with their sad lives except stalk my online accounts.

Mhm, that is one of the Tag's for this site, and i just added 3 or 4 more. Being Brony, MLP, and something else i forget.
Also, i dont think we have tags for bing, unless bing uses the same tags that google uses?
Heartless_Soul
Heartless_Soul
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  IndomiPhoenix Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:28 pm

I vote for the use of other forums and sites as the mane method for promoting, although it might be beneficial to also do private invitations.
I'm mostly for using Kongregate, PonySquare, and Facebook as they're the ones I'm most familiar with and seem the best places to try as they're full of various bronies, particularly Kong which seems to still have a somewhat large amount of active bronies. The biggest problem with Kongregate isn't the trolls but the fact that generals aren't allowed, so unless the thread has a specific topic, it'll be locked. Making a thread about either the forum (which would no doubt attract trolling efforts) or possibly trying to bring some show discussion back in the form of a thread that would allow for the possible evaluation of potential users. Another thought is possibly using the chats (Everfree Forest and Madjedi's episode room, with his permission of course) to try and get new members.
Facebook wouldn't be as much of a problem in the aspect of what's allowed and whatnot, but instead we'd have to watch out for trolls and those with a malicious intent, although that wouldn't be too much of an issue, but keep in mind that phishing occurs semi-frequently on FB, so there's also that. I'm not too familiar with PS now, but from what I remember of it, it'd be a good place as well. The one thing about that though is that it's already a site meant for bronies to socialize, so not many might want to make the jump to similar site which they know nothing about.
Definitely one thing that I agree on with everyone else is the avoidance of image boards, mostly because they lack the ability to communicate with users privately. Then there's the problem that they're all pretty much full of generally unlikable people.
IndomiPhoenix
IndomiPhoenix
Luna
Luna

http://indomiphoenix.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lightningcould Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:07 pm

We should advertise to Reddit's MLP subreddits!
Lightningcould
Lightningcould
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Back to top Go down

Post  AirmanAlex Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:03 pm

The only place I can see myself personally inviting people from would be that game "e-sim" I play, as I know quite a few bronies from that.

I'm personally for the personal invites only option. This way we have a good idea how we're letting in.
AirmanAlex
AirmanAlex
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHOP

Back to top Go down

Post  Heartless_Soul Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Personal Invites do see very sucessful, as seen by the two or three new members, being cheeze.. And the other two lol..

Anyways, i already agree to give Personal Invites a go, but the others we will continue to debate.
Heartless_Soul
Heartless_Soul
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Ajwontpay Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:41 pm

LC's idea about the MLP subreddits might be a good idea, but we'd have to sift through trolls, and we could easily be shot down with either being karma whores or just by advertising.
Ajwontpay
Ajwontpay
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2